Attached you will find bookmarks that include the following tips about how to check in with your voice:
- Speaking loudly or over long periods may lead to a voice disorder.
- Hoarseness or breathiness may signal a voice disorder.
- Stress can lead to forceful voice production, resulting in possible tissue damage.
- Caffeine and alcohol dehydrate vocal folk, which can make it more difficult to keep them vibrating.
- Some medications lead to dehydration of the vocal folds.
- Repeatedly clearing the throat or coughing may irritate vocal fold tissues.
- Frequent heartburn and a sour taste may mean stomach acids are spilling over into your larynx, which may lead to voice problems.
- Smoking is the leading cause of laryngeal cancer.
(from the National Center for Voice and Speech – www.ncvs.org): Bookmarks